Fact, some men just can’t be with one woman. To save them public disgrace and maintain the integrity, if there’s any they have, they choose to date randomly without any commitment.
#1. Bridal list: Our customs and traditions are important to us as Ghanaians. It is beautiful and binds us together. Certain traditions have been in existence since the 20th century and are still pertinent now such as dowry and other items demanded by the family of the woman before they happily give their daughter in marriage.
Arguably, some families have taken advantage of tradition to increase the quality and quantity of items on the bridal list. This has deterred most Ghanaian men from marrying.
2. Wedding rings: Weddings in the current age have become more than just saying “I do” in the presence of family and friends.
Prevalence of social media and the strong desire to share every detail of our lives on social media is causing women to demand expensive diamond rings. Every woman wants a five karat and more rings to shamelessly flaunt on social media. Most men can’t afford these.
3. Wedding photography: The latest craze in town is pre- and post-wedding photoshoots. Photographers are made to think overboard, charging thousands of notes for their shoots.
Photographers have a ‘cocoa season’ in wedding days, milking it in the best possible way. Of course, every drop of milk comes at a cost.
5. Some men can’t be faithful: Fact, some men just can’t be with one woman. To save them public disgrace and maintain the integrity [if there’s any] they have, they choose to date randomly without any commitment.
6. Some men are still searching for the right women: With all the shocking divorce cases, men are extra careful when choosing their partners. They are searching at a slower pace to find the perfect wife and mother for his children. Someone who will love and adore him and accept his family for who they are.
7. Expensive honeymoon: Women have dream weddings. However real these dreams may be, they sometimes unknowingly scare the men away. The expensive honeymoon is a just luxury but some women don’t get that. So the men simply just leave.
8. Lavish lifestyle after marriage. Some women after marriage want to live a lavish lifestyle and show off on their social media channels. After marriage, some women want to change their wardrobe, drive a new car and show the world she is the latest Mrs especially among her girlfriends.
Men are forced to save after spending instead of spending what is left after saving. That’s just not right.
9. Some young men are dating rich older women: Some young men don’t want to marry because they are dating older women who are giving them all the things they desire in life.
These women are matured and know how to maintain relationships free from nagging and jealousy.